Physics is one of the most important subjects in class 12 syllabus and also from the entrance exam point of view. There are several institutes which demand students to secure minimum 60% marks in Physics for admission to their UG programs in medical, engineering or other science disciplines. In JEE Main, 40% weightage is given to Class 12 board marks in the merit list drawn for the exam while in NEET (AIPMT), students need at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Class 12 CBSE board exams to be eligible to write the paper.
Here is a list of last-minute preparation strategies for class 12 physics board exam:
- Do Selective Revision: For last minute preparation, instead of going through each and every topic, it is advised to revise the important topics from every chapter. There is a section in the NCERT books which focus on the gist of the chapter in the beginning. Try to get familiar with every objective mentioned there.
- Practice the sample paper: You should practice the sample paper in order to have an idea of the question pattern. So that you can understand the type of question that has to come in the main exam and you can plan on attending the questions accordingly.
- Practice: It is advised that you should practice all the derivations, formulae, units of measurement and diagrams properly. This will surely help you to fetch good marks in the main exam.
- Solve Numericals: Try to solve number of problems from the previous year question papers and give extra emphasis on the questions that are being repeated in the past years. Solve problems based on concepts learned in physics.
- Relax and be ready: Don’t get panic about the exam. Just calm down, relax and be prepared for it. Take a good sleep, organise your admit card, pencil box and other items which you have to carry to the exam center at one place.
Subscribe to Byju’s YouTube video channel to learn with engaging video lectures –